Nia is an expressive fusion fitness programme that draws from the martial arts, dance arts and healing arts to offer something to the whole of you – your body, heart, mind, spirit and soul.
Nia is a complete cardiovascular work-out that will guide you into Loving your Body and Loving your Life. It is empowering, graceful, playful and tender and all this is packaged as a one hour fitness programme.
Nia is a Mind Body Spirit dance that is a pathway to self-knowing through the wisdom and intelligence of your body. Get into your body with Nia!
A one hour class is taken barefoot and I will guide you through a choreographed routine that builds in energy and aerobic intensity against a backdrop of diverse and inspiring music. The class then slows down to finish with yoga stretches and breathing. During class I will encourage you to let your body take the lead, connect with your breathing and really make the class your own. This is a time for you to play, have fun, express yourself, relax and leave with a smile on your face as well as a fit and conditioned body. No special skills are required, just a willingness to move and be moved!
Benefits of Nia
- Stimulates pleasure of living in the body
- Supports weight loss
- Increases energy, strength, flexibility, mobility and agility
- Improves circulation and heart health
- Develops grace,power and muscle tone
- Improves posture, balance and stability
- Relaxation and stress-reduction
- Strengthens the nervous system
- Improves focus and concentration
- Teaches the science of the body
- Fosters creativity, confidence and self-expression