Yoga for Life Classes
In a 75 minute class of Yoga for Life, I will help you discover how awareness of breath, mind and body encourages balance and harmony, not only in class but into your daily life too! This class encourages mindfulness and relaxation to help deal with anxiety, stress and sleep disorders as well as improving your general fitness and well being.
In my group and private classes I strive to create an inclusive, safe, warm and nurturing environment where individuals practice body positive yoga with an emphasis on finding what feels right for for their own body, thus making yoga accessible and open to all! You do not have to be flexible, strong or fit to feel the benefit!’
A restful, calming class that includes breathing techniques, gentle flowing movements, passive and supported poses along with relaxation. This is a perfect new beginners yoga class that is also appropriate for those working with injury, limited mobility and health issues, or for those who prefer a softer, gentler approach to yoga.
Private 1:1 or 1:2 lessons are also available by appointment and are strongly recommended as the best introduction for complete beginners.
A few things you might find useful to know before you start your first Yoga class!
- You will need to bring your own yoga equipment – yoga mat, 2 blocks, 1 brick, a yoga belt and blankets for comfort (Unless the class is at the White Horse Yoga Centre where all equipment is provided).
- Wear comfortable clothes with layers.
- Bring a bottle of water.
- Try not to eat for 2 hours before a class, snacks are ok just avoid a full stomach.
- Arrive promptly – preferably 10 minutes before class and allow time for parking.
- Yoga is performed barefoot and outdoor shoes should not be worn in the studio space.
- I teach Hatha Yoga and work within the British Wheel of Yoga Guidelines.
- Class structure: Classes always start with breath awareness and centering followed by asana practice, pranayama and then relaxation.
- I promote and encourage a non-competitive and inclusive environment and expect that you will respect both yourself and those around you.
- I consider the benefits of relaxation to be vital within the 1½ hr session so please take full advantage of this time just for you!
- Yoga requires consistent attendance and I encourage students to commit to their practice by booking termly blocks. I fully understand though that life is not consistent so please inform me of any absence.
- Although you have already filled in a health screening form it is imperative that you let me know of any new health issues or injuries that may occur.
- Please refrain from wearing any strong perfumes and remove heavy jewellery for safety.
- Please ensure all mobile phones are switched off or set to silent.
- At the end of class it is custom to press the palms of the hands together at the heart centre, bow the head and all say together “Namaste”- “the divine light in me bows to the divine light in you”, which is a way of giving gratitude for our bodies, our minds, each other, the space in which we practice, the yoga teaching and life in general!